The BlueTechValley: Central Valley Regional Innovation Cluster Team will expand on the ongoing business and technology innovation activities located within the region.
The BlueTechValley Innovation Cluster services begin with a Technology Innovation Evaluation (TIE). This is a vetting process that inventors and entrepreneurs may utilize to move their new technology from concept to commercialization. Creating and supporting innovation economics is the overall goal of the TIE process. Through early evaluation of new technology, the TIE committee provides advice and follow-up actions that can improve the probability of technical and commercial success.
The goal of the BlueTechValley Innovation Cluster is to make a full range of services available either locally through the seven proposed Cluster Hubs or online.
A technology “Shark Tank,” this program is an evaluation process that innovators and entrepreneurs can utilize to move their water, energy or Ag technology from concept to commercialization. The panel of subject matter experts available to the entrepreneur will provide educated, honest and constructive feedback on the technology as well as suggest next steps and recommendations.
The TIE committee will also share observations on market trends, competitive landscape, and assessment of team and business models as appropriate.
Do you have what it takes to take your technology to market?
If you do, we can help with the rest. Effective commercialization is perhaps the most critical component to the successful start of a new technology business. The BlueTechValley Innovation Cluster is offering help to entrepreneurs to better understand business planning, markets, risks and commercialization effort, to provide mentorship and legal assistance.
Ready to accelerate?
Valley Ventures Accelerator
- Mission: Develop companies that provide an economic impact in the region and increase efficiency of our scarce resources focused within the water, agriculture, and energy technology space.
- Experienced professional network that can help develop sales, investments, and provide mentors to assist companies navigate the industry.
- Leverages the Central Valley’s extensive community of businesses, professionals, and educational programs, Valley Ventures has developed a curriculum and network that is unrivaled in this economic region.
- Mentor group with a variety of professionals, including investors, industry experts, technical experts, successful entrepreneurs, and target consumers. These experienced mentors are handpicked to represent the best of their respective industries.
- Operates the world’s largest clean technology business accelerator
- Runs an annual six-month program to connect startups with people, resources and visibility to help them succeed.
Ready for the Big Bang?
The BlueTechValley Innovation Cluster is partnering with UC Davis to offer entrepreneurs an opportunity to collaborate, develop and test business visions and plans. The Big Bang! The Business plan competition also offers mentorship, team building, and education, financing and networking for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Navigating the jungle of opportunities?
Funding is yet another key hurdle that startup companies must navigate. The BlueTechValley Innovation Cluster is providing fund-development support services, including grant-writing services, as well as access to equity, and grant funding.
The BlueTechValley Innovation Cluster places a strong focus on networking and collaboration.
Events and workshops taking place throughout the year include:
- Water and Energy Technology Showcase
- Water and Energy Conference
- Kern County Energy Summit
- Central Valley Venture Focus
- Voice of the Consumer Workshop
- Grant Writing Workshops
- Investors Networking Sessions
- Business Plan Competition
Are you ready for the test?
The WET Lab offers key product testing services for performance evaluations and verification.
Schatz Energy Research Center (SERC) performs research on renewable energy systems and works with entrepreneurs to develop and demonstrate new technologies.
Are you ready to move your startup out of your garage? The WET could be your next step. As part of the WET’s incubator services, 12 offices are available to water, energy and Ag tech companies. Emphasis is placed on creating a fruitful mix of companies varying in state of development and technology. We also offer ‘plug-and-play’ space for companies not ready to commit to a monthly lease or for companies headquartered outside the Fresno area.
If you are interested in office space or access to the ‘plug-and-play’ space, contact Helle Petersen at email@example.com
For businesses in the Truckee/Tahoe area, we also have space available at the Sierra Small Business Development Center.
One of our core strengths is access to a powerful and industry-specific network. Whether your focus is access to investment, networking, interns, pilot opportunities, potential customers, technical or business expertise, our network is robust and helpful.
Apply for your membership through the WET Center at wetcenter.org.
Interested in connecting? Let us know!